Letting advice and fees
- The interior and exterior should be clean and in good decorative order
- Furnishing should be in a sound, legally safe and serviceable condition
- All electrical wiring, pipe work, heating systems and appliances should be in a safe working condition. If possible, arrange maintenance contracts
- The landlord must make sure that all gas pipe work and appliances comply with the Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations 1994. On an annual basis - a Corgi registered gas fitter must provide written proof of safety by issuing a landlords certificate, CP12. Tenants must be provided with a copy of this certificate. next2let do need a copy of this certificate before they can allow any tenant to sign a lease.
- Get permission from your mortgage lender to let property (if you do not have a buy-to-let mortgage). Some tenants ask for written proof that this permission has been obtained because without it their tenancyagreement could be invalid.
- Ensure that your property and contents are adequately insured and that you have advised your insurers of your intention to let.
- Just before letting a property, clean the interior thoroughly and tend to the gardens. This will help set the standards you expect to be maintained by your tenant.
- Install smoke detectors on each floor of the property. Remove any toxic and/or highly inflammable substances.
Letting Fees to: Tenants
All leases are subject to suitable references and credit checking. When a Tenant finds a property they would like to proceed with next2buy ltd. require a £100.00 holding fee, once a holding fee is received referencing checks are then carried out on the tenant(s). Holding fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. Should the reference checks not be accepted for any reason or the tenant(s) withdraws from the property the £100.00 fee would be forfeited, if the tenant is accepted the holding fee will be deducted from the final balance required.
Standard tenant fees are as follows:
- 1 x Months rent in advance
- Property Deposit/Bond (typically equivalent to 1 month’s rent plus £50.00)
- Administration Fee of 50% of 1 x months rent plus VAT at current rate.
Property rental price: £400.00 per calendar month
|1st Month rent||£400.00|
|Minus Holding Fee||£100.00||Total Payable: £1090.00|
Letting Fees to: Landlords
next2buy ltd. offer a Tenant find only service which is charged as follows:
Tenant find only:
- Finding the tenant
- Reference and credit checking
- Providing tenant with method of payment
- 100% of 1st months rent plus VAT at current rate
- Property rental price £400.00 per calendar month
- Total payable to next2buy ltd. is £480.00
Fully managed services offered via Mansons please refer to their website for fees.
If you would like any further information please ask a member of staff.
next2buy limited is an ARLA Licensed Member Licence No.: M0043763
Client money protection (CMP) provided by: ARLA
Independent Redress provided by: TPOs